Asset Insurances – House, Car, Contents



Protect your home

Your home is your haven, one of your most prized assets. So imagine how you’d feel if it was damaged or destroyed? With the right home insurance, you can be covered for the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home. Cover for your home may include decks, pools, garages, sheds and other out-buildings, driveways, fences and more.

AMP Home Plan - Maxi home insurance

This option provides a comprehensive level of protection for your home. In the event of accidental loss or damage (which is covered by your policy), you can:

  1. Be covered for the costs to repair or rebuild your home up to the sum insured

  2. Receive automatic cover for retaining walls up to $80,000 or more in certain circumstances and where certain conditions are met

  3. Be covered for landscaping up to $5,000.

Additional benefits

  1. Get alternative accommodation up to 5% of the sum insured or $30,000, whichever is the greater

  2. Have new building work valued up to $25,000 covered for certain events

  3. Choose to obtain additional cover for your rental property, including loss of rent up to $40,000

  4. If your home is a total loss, receive a stress payment of $5,000.

  5. Check out SumExtra for a unique benefit for our AMP General Insurance clients

We also offer a more basic option called Flexi, if Maxi is more than you want.


Protect your contents

Protect your belongings

Contents insurance provides cover for your personal belongings which may include furniture, furnishings, appliances, clothes and any valuables that are normally located in or around your home.

AMP Home Plan - Maxi contents insurance

This option provides a comprehensive level of protection for your belongings. In the event of accidental loss or damage (covered by your policy), you can:

  1. Be covered for most items for their replacement value regardless of age, up to the sum insured, whether they are at your home or temporarily removed anywhere in New Zealand

  2. Receive automatic cover for your belongings while they are in temporary storage for a maximum of 90 days with a limit of $20,000

  3. Receive automatic cover for certain belongings taken with you on travel to Australia or the Pacific Islands for a maximum of 30 days with a limit of $5,000.

Additional benefits

  1. If you are a tenant, be covered for items you own that are permanently installed and attached to the home you rent, up to $5,000

  2. Be covered without limits applying to many items such as; hearing aids, frozen foods, mobile phones, laptops, sculptures or artworks.

If you’re looking for a more basic level of protection for your belongings ask about our Flexi option.




Protect your motor vehicle

Motor vehicle insurance covers you against accidental damage to or loss of your motor vehicle, plus your liability for damage that your vehicle may do to someone else’s property.

You can insure your vehicles comprehensively or you may choose Third Party or Third Party Fire and Theft cover for a reduced premium.

If you comprehensively insure your vehicle and suffer loss or damage covered by your policy, you may receive the following benefits:

  1. Cover to repair or replace your vehicle up to the market value at the time of the loss

  2. Cover for windscreen breakage with no excess and without loss of your no claims discount (where this is the only damage)

  3. Emergency costs following an accident, to a maximum of $500.

Alternatively, with both Third Party or Third Party Fire and Theft, you can be covered for up to $3,000 for damage to your vehicle, or $1,000 in the case of a motorcycle, caused by another identified person who is uninsured.


Protect your boat

Boat insurance provides cover for loss or damage to your boat covered by the policy, or a payment up to the market value, but no more than the sum insured nominated by you.

Some key features include:

  1. Emergency costs – if following an accident covered by the policy, you’re stranded at sea, we can help with your rescue costs, salvage and associated costs

  2. Cover for boat equipment temporarily removed for repair or storage.


Landlord Protection

We understand the needs of domestic property owners and as a result are able to offer a very competitive and comprehensive cover to protect landlords.

What is Landlord Plan?

  • If you are a landlord then this comprehensive insurance product is for you. The protection that Landlord Plan offers is additional to that of a house insurance policy.L adlord Plan offers you the financial protection you need against the loss or damage to your property as a result of malicious damage, vandalism or theft by your tenant(s).

  • Loss of rental income is also covered. This means you keep r iving the rental income you have counted on receiving, for the time it takes to make repairs to the property and/or the time it takes to get a tenant back into your property


Travel Insurance