The New Zealand Hearld produced an article (16/09/2015) that they sourced from the Washington Post,
with some interesting "rule of thumb milestones" for your 40's.
They were as follows:
- Max out your retirement contributions
- Build up college savings for your kids
- Talk to your parents about their finances
- Update your will and estate plan
- Review your life insurances
One particulalry interesting number was that you should target Three Times Your Salary by Age 45 in your retirement investments (let's assume KiwiSaver plus the Net Worth of your investment property, if you have one).
By age 50, that target is Four Times Your Salary.
Are you doing enough? Talk to Keystone Advice Group today to help you get on track with your retirement savings.